Viewing homes for sale and then making a choice is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. When the time comes to sign on the dotted line, don’t make this decision alone. To assist you in putting together the right team of professionals, the CMHC (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) recommends that you hire the following experts.
- REALTOR®: Among many services, your REALTOR® will help you find the right home, negotiate a purchase on your behalf, write an Offer of Purchase, and save you loads of headaches, hassles and time.
- Mortgage Broker or Lender: Many institutions lend money for mortgages, including credit unions, banks, pension funds, trust companies, finance companies and insurance companies. It’s a good idea to shop around and consult with more than one lender before making a final choice. Many Canadians prefer working with mortgage brokers because they don’t work for specific lending institutions.
- Home Inspector: You should hire a professional and knowledgeable home inspector when considering the purchase of a home. This person will tell you if something is not functioning properly, whether repairs need to be done, and if there were previous issues.
- Insurance Broker: Once you have seen enough homes for sale and made a final choice, an insurance broker can help with home and mortgage life insurance. The lender can also help with this.
- Land Surveyor: If the seller doesn’t have a Certificate of Location, you may need the services of a land surveyor.
- Appraiser: This person will assess your home’s worth and protect you from paying too much.
If you are looking for homes for sale in Collingwood ON, feel free to contact us, Ian Hawkins & Cindy Ryerse. We have 50 years of combined experience in the real estate industry, and our expertise and friendly customer service put us head and shoulders above our competition!