If you’ve decided to build a home, or if you are a real estate investor, knowing the right questions to ask before you make a big purchase is essential. You may think you’ve found the perfect piece of land, but does it really meet all of your needs, and will it serve the purposes for which you intend? When it comes to buying land & property, here are a few questions you should always ask before you place an offer.
- Can I Build? If you’ve found the most beautiful piece of property but you can’t build on it, that makes it a poor investment.
- Are There Access Restrictions? If the piece of land you are interested in has right-of-way issues, liens, or deed restrictions, you’ll want to make sure these are discussed and resolved before you continue with a purchase.
- Is there an HOA? When you are buying land & property, an HOA can be a positive and a negative. Determining whether this will benefit you is essential before your purchase.
- Is it On a Protected Site? If you suddenly discover your perfect piece of property is on a protected wetland, your plans for building may come to a halt. Asking about this upfront may save you some unwanted trouble.
- Are Utilities Available? This may seem like a simple question, but there are two important things to consider. Has utility access already been installed, or can the utility companies access the property if they need to be added?
- Where are the Boundaries? Knowing the boundaries when you are buying land & property will ensure that you don’t encroach on someone else’s space. You’ll have an easier time going forward by knowing where the property lines are.
If you have questions about buying land & property, or if you’d like to place your land on the market, contact us for more information. We’ll make sure your real estate purchase will achieve your goals.