Barbara Corcoran is a well-known real estate expert, and if you’re looking to sell your home, this is a great video. Watch and learn how to increase the real estate value of your home by 10-20% without breaking the bank!
Some important points Barbara makes include:
- Don’t draw attention to the negatives – She uses the example of the bench in the front yard, but this goes for anything within your home that may be not so desirable. If one of your bedrooms is really tiny, don’t fill it up with excessive furniture or clutter; do everything in your power to make it appear larger.
- Natural light – If there is something that is blocking the natural light from coming into your house, and it’s in your power to change it, do it! Having to use the least amount of electricity is beneficial for everyone.
- Front door – Is your front or screen door flimsy or broken? Get it fixed before you have potential buyers. An ugly door can make the first impression of a beautiful home not-so-nice.
- People make a snap judgment about your house within 8 seconds of coming through the front door – You don’t want the first thing a real estate agent or potential buyer to see when they walk through your door to be a complete mess. Avoid clutter, dust surfaces, and vacuum the floor before anyone comes to see your home.
- Don’t spend a lot of money on renovating your kitchen – You’re probably going to put more money into redoing it then you will get back. Just keep it clean, put a fresh coat of paint on the cupboards as Barbara says, and you’re good to go!
- Don’t completely redo your bathroom – There’s also no need to completely redo the bathroom. If something is make or break and necessary, get it done. Other than that, keep the clutter to a minimum and again, keep it clean.
- Clean rooms look bigger – This goes not only for bedrooms, but for any room in your home! Keep the clutter away, always!
- Clean your closets – Show potential buyers the available storage within your home. Make sure everything is neat, tidy and organized!
If you are interested in real estate in Collingwood ON or would simply like more information, feel free to contact us, Ian Hawkins & Cindy Ryerse. We have 50 years of combined experience in the real estate industry, and our expertise and friendly customer service put us head and shoulders above our competition!