The town of Thornbury in the Georgian Triangle, Ontario, is known as golf country, ski country, and also apple country. It has a lot to offer visitors and residents looking for an active lifestyle. As a year-round destination, there’s always something happening in this picturesque village.
Below are just a few reasons to consider buying a house in Thornbury.
- The Riverwalk Trail takes you to the harbour, the dam and to the town of Clarksburg. During fall and spring, you can watch fish leaping over a specially designed ladder to their spawning areas.
- All four seasons are all about apples. In spring, there’s the glorious scent of apple blossoms; in summer they grow, while in fall and winter, there are delicious pies to enjoy. Throughout Canada, the Apple Trail is famous and is a huge tourist attraction with chartered buses arriving during the different seasons.
- Thornbury not only offers conventional businesses for your everyday requirements, but it also provides great year-round shopping experiences. On Bruce Street, you’ll find eclectic restaurants, shops and artisans. A great reason to think about buying a house, chalet or bungalow here!
- There is a variety of schools, which include Beaver Valley Pre-School and Elementary School, the District High School, and the Georgian College in Collingwood for higher learning.
- Summer means fun and sun at the beach. It also means tennis, golf, kayaking and, of course, sailing and boating on the surrounding waters.
- The village and surrounding areas are fast becoming popular for retirees. Many baby boomers are buying a house away from the busy city where they can enjoy an active lifestyle in tranquility.
Interested in buying a house in Thornbury ON? Contact us, Ian Hawkins & Cindy Ryerse. We have 50 years of combined experience in the real estate industry, and our expertise and friendly customer service put us head and shoulders above our competition!